The summer season switch window is into its ultimate month for the main European leagues, which suggests the largest golf equipment need to make a splash out there earlier than the brand new season begins. Try the most recent gossip beneath, and see all official offers right here.
TOP STORY: Arsenal to pip Man United to Trippier?
The Gunners have reportedly made contact with the Spanish champions a few deal for the 31-year-old as Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin is about to go away the membership this summer season and supervisor Mikel Arteta sees Trippier as the right alternative.
Atletico are demanding €40 million for the England worldwide, who has two years left to run on his contract, with boss Diego Simeone eager for the membership to supply him a brand new deal regardless of their monetary points.
Manchester United have additionally expressed an curiosity in signing Trippier, however have to this point been keen to supply solely €25m for the previous Tottenham Hotspur and Man Metropolis defender.
11.35 BST: Sources have confirmed to ESPN’s Julien Laurens that Lionel Messi will journey to France on Sunday to finish his transfer to PSG.
Messi, 34, is a free agent after leaving Barcelona and sources mentioned his medical will happen Sunday evening or on Monday morning.
The ahead will signal a two-year contract with an possibility for an additional yr and might be introduced by the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
11.06 BST: Lionel Messi is in tears as he says his goodbyes to Barcelona at Camp Nou information convention.
“I used to be satisfied to remain right here at Barcelona,” he mentioned. “That is my residence, our residence. I needed to remain at Barça and it was the plan… and immediately I’ve to say goodbye after my whole life right here.
“I have been pondering for a couple of days, I take into consideration what I might say, however I am caught. It is very troublesome for me, after so a few years, my entire life right here … I am not prepared.”
Requested about PSG’s curiosity, he mentioned: “That’s one risk. There’s nothing closed for the time being however we’re speaking about quite a lot of issues. After Barca’s assertion, quite a lot of golf equipment confirmed an curiosity. However nothing ultimate, though there are talks, in fact.”
Messi cannot imagine it is coming to an finish 😢
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) August 8, 2021
Messi will get a standing ovation at his press convention 👏
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) August 8, 2021
10.46 BST: Fabrizio Romano reviews that Bayern Munich are planning to announce that midfielder Joshua Kimmich has prolonged his contract.
Kimmich, 26, is about to signal a three-year extension to his contract which retains him on the Bundesliga champions till 2026. Bild claims he might now earn €20m-a-year to develop into considered one of Bayern’s prime earners.
The membership at the moment are aiming to make midfielder Leon Goretzka the following to pen new phrases as his deal expires in 2022.
10.24 BST: There had been some rumours which recommended Sergio Aguero was going to go away Barcelona, regardless of solely simply arriving on a free switch this summer season.
The explanation? He was indignant that Argentina teammate Lionel Messi would not be enjoying at Camp Nou subsequent season.
However, after visiting Messi’s home to say his goodbyes this weekend, Aguero was requested by followers about his personal future and replied: “You may have me all yr lengthy, don’t fret.”
10.10 BST: With Lionel Messi becoming a member of, alongside the signings of Sergio Ramos, Gianluigi Donnarumma and Georginio Wijnaldum for NOTHING, PSG are having arguably the most effective switch window of all-time.
Julien Laurens explains the probability Lionel Messi will be part of PSG after the announcement that he is leaving Barcelona.
09.45 BST: ICYMI – Paris Saint-Germain are ready to supply Lionel Messi a three-year contract to maneuver to the French capital, sources have informed ESPN, and really feel a deal is shut after optimistic preliminary talks with Messi’s representatives.
Sources have informed ESPN that additional negotiations with Messi’s father and agent, Jorge, are deliberate for Monday, or probably sooner. Messi is a free agent after his Barcelona contract expired on June 30 and the membership had been unable to supply him an extension due to their monetary state of affairs.
PSG’s Ligue 1 season has already began and so they got here from behind to beat Troyes 2-1 with objectives from new signing Achraf Hakimi and Mauro Icardi.
After all, PSG supervisor Mauricio Pochettino was requested about Messi after the sport and mentioned that he was “an possibility that was being evaluated.”
“His identify is related to completely different golf equipment, there are many rumours,” Pochettino was quoted as saying by L’Equipe. “We are going to see what occurs within the coming days.
“The gamers have stayed targeted. We didn’t begin the sport effectively and we gave away too many possibilities for my liking. However we have now to offer Troyes credit score for making it troublesome for us, they confirmed quite a lot of power. We might have appreciated to win 5-0 however we’ll take what we achieved.”
09.26 BST: Lionel Messi will give a farewell information convention on Sunday at midday CET (6 a.m. ET) at Camp Nou, hours earlier than Barcelona play the Joan Gamper trophy.
Sources had informed ESPN the 34-year-old had reached an settlement to signal a brand new five-year deal at Camp Nou, which included a substantial wage discount, extending his 21-year hyperlink with the membership. Nonetheless, Barca introduced on Thursday that Messi is not going to proceed on the membership, together with his contract having expired on June 30.
09.00 BST: Chelsea are near signing Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku in a deal considered price €115m, sources have informed ESPN.
The transfer, which can see Lukaku be part of Chelsea for a second time, is unlikely to contain any gamers shifting in the wrong way. Marcos Alonso had been linked with a transfer to Inter as a part of the deal.
Particulars are but to be finalised when it comes to a fee plan, however private phrases aren’t considered a problem. Sources have informed ESPN that Lukaku’s wage is within the area of £250,000 every week.
Sources at Inter informed ESPN they by no means had any intention of Lukaku leaving, even rejecting a proposal of €100m plus Alonso. It was solely when Lukaku knowledgeable them of his need to go away that the membership determined they’d consider any “unrefusable” gives.
Nedum Onuoha says Romelu Lukaku is a confirmed striker and would put Man Metropolis on discover with a transfer to Stamford Bridge.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Nick Judd)
– Internazionale are about to be very busy within the switch market as they give the impression of being to interchange Romelu Lukaku with not one however two strikers, in accordance with Calciomercato. Sources have informed ESPN that Lukaku is near agreeing an eye-watering €115m transfer to earlier membership Chelsea, which leaves Inter boss Simeone Inzaghi with the unenviable process of filling the Belgian’s boots with an in a position alternative or two. Inter are taking a look at AS Roma‘s Edin Dzeko and Atalanta‘s Duvan Zapata as their prime targets, with Actual Madrid’s Luka Jovic and Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham additionally linked with a transfer to San Siro.
– Brighton & Hove Albion need to Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah to assist them discover the web on a extra common foundation this season, reviews the Solar. Seagulls boss Graham Potter has recognized the 22-year-old as his predominant goal as he seems so as to add extra firepower to his squad. Brighton would wish to half with round £20m to land a participant who has discovered first-team alternatives exhausting to come back by in North London. Nketiah scored two objectives in 17 appearances for the Gunners final season.
– Atalanta will meet with Chelsea officers within the subsequent two days in an try to signal Tammy Abraham, says Fabrizio Romano. The Italian membership have made the 23-year-old striker their predominant goal this summer season and are ready to half with round €40m to get their man. Atalanta may very well be searching for a alternative for the aforementioned Zapata, if the striker joins Inter. Arsenal and West Ham United are additionally excited about signing Abraham.
– Arsenal need to strengthen within the goalkeeping division and the Categorical reviews that the North London membership have been supplied Barcelona goalkeeper Neto. Regardless of the approaching departure of Lionel Messi, Barcelona nonetheless look like in a monetary gap, and so shifting 32-year-old Neto on would assist present additional help for the Catalan giants. Arsenal are at the moment heading into the brand new season with Bernd Leno and Runar Alex Runarsson, however the Londoners are eager to interchange the Iceland worldwide because the No. 2.
– Norway winger Jens Petter-Hauge is about to affix Eintracht Frankfurt from AC Milan, in accordance with Calciomercato. The 21-year-old is because of go away the Rossoneri on Sunday and can perform his medical a day later. The deal is anticipated to be a mortgage transfer with an possibility for the Germans to make the transfer everlasting for a price of round €12m. Milan had rejected an earlier supply of round €7m-€8m, however now it will seem as if Petter-Hauge is about for pastures new, only one yr after shifting to Milan.